Neuro Trauma ICU RN
$28 to $40 Per Hour
This is a full-service, 603-bed acute-care facility with more than 2,070 employees and over 1,466 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level 1 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit.
The Critical Care ICU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The Neuro Trauma ICU is a 34 bed unit providing 1:2 nurse to patient ratio. Neuro Trauma ICU currently provides procedures which include coiling’s, clot retrievals and cerebral angiograms. The typical patient population on this unit are TBI’s, brain tumors, post spinal patients, SDHs, SAHs, ICUs, Ischemic/hemorrhagic strokes, MVAs and MCCs.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24 months
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- CCRN - Specialty certification preferred
- All receive NIHSS Stroke Cert when they are in the unit – 90 days
- 1 year minimal experience - Prefers 2 years experience - ICU Experience ONLY in an acute care setting
- Neuro ICU experience is a plus
- Must Have ventilator and Drip experience, will get 12+ drips. The more drips the better. Willing to train drips for person with the right attitude.
- 34 Bed Neuro/Trauma unit
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular, Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor:
Built on teamwork and that’s how we survive on most days. We will typically hear vs other critical care departments in the hospital w/others who float to us.
Clinician (Educator) is unit based. RN’s do float. Trauma ICU and Critical Care.
Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
The Highest Acuity situations, very fast pace, 284 hospitals that transfer in from surrounding states. If you do not like fast paced, high acuity this is not for you.
Expectation for accountability of team members to provide service excellence always, customer service is very important, available for support and need for escalations. Not a micro manager – delightful to work with!
Culture of the facility/ unit:
- Have a 24 hour Trauma surgery Team
- Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use Meditech as their charting system
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
- Facility/Department Educators
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified, Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- Starbucks in lobby x2!!!
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media