RN - PCU - DAYS
$25 to $40 Per Hour
DAYS - PCU RN - McKinney, TX
SHIFT: Full time DAYS (rotating weekends) 7A-7P
This facility is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of its history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and the surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked their commitment to the growing needs of their community.
The Progressive Care Unit / ICU Stepdown RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS and BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- ADN Required
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a RN in a high acuity PCU or critical care unit, step down or intermediate care - Acute care setting
- MUST have acute care experience in a HOSPITAL
Salary: $28.64 - $35.83 (10yrs) - $42.95 (20yrs)
Shift Differential: Nights $3.75 - Weekends $4.20
Sign on Bonus: Up to $10,000 - with a 2 yr commitment
Relocation: Up to $3,000 ( Depending on distance)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media