Commercial Construction Superintendent
Our client is looking for an commercial project Superintendent to join their team in Nashville. The candidate is someone that has experience in both commercial project estimating, and project management.
Also, being relationship focused is key to this position. You will be client-facing every day and deal with subs, vendors and all construction personnel that help create these projects. Essentially, Keeping/Developing relationships with those people determine how the projects go.
- Based in South Nashville, this commercial general contractor focuses on commercial construction, including: office, retail, healthcare/dental, industrial, and institutional projects.
- The offer the capability to construct ground-up & tenant build-outs, + building renovations through general contracting and design-build services.
- They know that relationships are vital and our customers always come first.
The Commercial Construction Superintendent will Plan, develop and manage schedules in partnership with project manager, maintain budgets, and site activities. The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion.
The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial corporate office & medical office structures with ground-up and build-out / T-I construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Over-Communication with client, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor operations
- Supervises craft employees including: assigning job responsibilities, evaluating productivity and providing recommendations to management
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- Strong work ethic, positive professional attitude
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our clients with an emphasis on communication
- Maintain meticulous documentation standards, reports and receipts delivered to the office daily
- Prepare and negotiate subcontractor agreements and maintain budgets via company assigned technology/devices.
- Report progress reports, weekly updates, and budget matters to Project Managers and Director of Construction
- Assist in the vetting and hiring of subcontractors
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Establish prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
Construction Management Bachelors degree preferred but not required. Must be proficient at basic computer skills and the use of smart phones.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sage Construction Management Software (Experience is a plus)
- Minimum of five (5+) years in a commercial construction site-management role (3+ years Experience in restaurant, multifamily or hospitality projects are a Must )
- Ability to manage multiple projects and jobsites simultaneously while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets while simultaneously interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, clients, engineers, and city officials.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to receive reasonable budgetary costs (Experience in project estimation is preferred)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude for effective communication with clients, colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate a team of subcontractors on any given project
- This is a site management position and does not require working knowledge of hand and power tools
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media