Civil CAD Designer - Team Lead
Looking for your next career move?
The client, a growing Waterloo Region based civil engineering firm is a group of dedicated professionals engaged in a broad spectrum of engineering and project management services With their continued success, they are seeking a Civil CAD Designer – Team Lead, who is energetic who thinks ahead to the “next step” on how to improves processes and workflows.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ plus years of experience has made you an expert with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with specialists in the municipal and land development industries.
- Experience within the engineering field and CET credentials are considered an asset.
- You have excellent time management, communication, and organization skills.
- You thrive in thinking ahead to the “next step” and how that will help with the successful completion of projects.
- Desire to be part of our top-notch team who brings forward ideas and experiences for continuous improvement.
What will you do:
- Perform quality control/peer review of peers’ work to ensure adherence to established. specifications and standards.
- Improve and maintain CAD standards and procedures. Update in-house manuals as required.
- Subject matter expert on Autodesk Civil3D and AEC Collection processes and capabilities, including customizing and maintaining current templates, tools, etc.
- Research and develop innovative and value-added methods to improve processes and workflows.
- Main contact for in-house programs and ensure that CAD design policies and standards are followed.
- Train, mentor and lead a team of junior staff and co-op students.
- Collaborate with team members to produce quality designs and exceed client expectations
- Work with and learn from an award-winning team of dedicated design and construction team who strives to exceed the expectations of the client.
Why work with this organization:
- Supportive and knowledgeable colleagues to stimulate the growth of your design skills.
- Provides a unique opportunity for an ambitious individual to grow and learn from a wide variety of projects and duties, from concept to creation.
- Known for producing innovative designs and is well-respected by clients and approval authorities.
- You will be challenged, rewarded, and recognized for your hard work.
- Provides opportunities and training to support your career plans and personal growth.
- Offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Must be authorized to work in Canada. No sponsorship provided.
My client is an equal opportunity employer and embraces, equity, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media