* Commercial Project Superintendent
$75000 to $95000 Per Year
The Senior Superintendent will Plan, develop and manage schedules in partnership with project manager, maintain budgets, and site activities. The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial office & hospitality type structures with ground-up and build-out / TI construction approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Great Over-Communication with client, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor operations
- Supervises craft employees including: assigning job responsibilities, evaluating productivity and providing recommendations to management
- Ensures the sequence of work determined by the Reverse Phase Schedule is being followed in a manner consistent with quality and value
- Reviews shop drawings, manages materials procurement, coordinates deliveries, ensures site accessibility, inspects overall work quality, and maintains a safe and efficient work site
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- Knowledge of Sage 100 Construction Software strongly desired
- Strong work ethic, positive professional attitude
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our clients with an emphasis on communication
- Maintain meticulous documentation standards, reports and receipts delivered to the office daily
- Prepare and negotiate subcontractor agreements and maintain budgets via company assigned technology/devices.
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies to complete projects on budget and on schedule in coordination with the design team
- Report progress reports, weekly updates, and budget matters to Project Managers and Director of Construction
- Assist in the vetting and hiring of subcontractors
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Establish prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
High School Graduate. Construction Management Bachelors degree preferred. Must be proficient at basic computer skills and the use of smart phones.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sage Construction Management Software (Experience is a plus)
- Minimum of five (5) years in a commercial construction site-management role (3+ years Experience in restaurant, multifamily or hospitality projects are a Must )
- Ability to manage multiple projects and jobsites simultaneously while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets while simultaneously interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, clients, engineers, and city officials.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to receive reasonable budgetary costs (Experience in project estimation is preferred)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude for effective communication with clients, colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate a team of subcontractors on any given project
- Capable of clearly explaining steps, provide clear direction, and answering questions about construction processes to employees and subcontractors pertaining to specific jobs
- Strong interpersonal skills building relationships with all parties involved in the construction process including internal design team
- Proven time management skills and deadline oriented
- Ability to successfully plan projects, forward thinking, and able to quickly identify potential schedule conflicts and implement solutions in a budget friendly and proactive manor
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction documents in addition to blueprints, finish schedules, submittals, and equipment specs
- This is a management position and does not require working knowledge of hand and power tools
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media