Mechanical Design Engineer - Senior Level
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A RETAINED SEARCH
Our client is highly successful Specialty Truck Mounted Volumetric Mixer Manufacture, based in the Des Moines, Iowa area. Organization is an ESOP.
in the Des Moines, Iowa area. Organization is an ESOP.
TITLE: Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE; 5+ years
LOCATION: Des Moines, Iowa (suburb)
COMPENSATION: Competitive Base Salary
RELOCATION PACKAGE: Yes
ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT: Yes
AVAILABILITY: Position is available immediately
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or university).
- 5 years related experience (Manufacturing environment preferred).
- Strong DraftSight, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software a plus.
- Sheet Metal Experience
- Mobile Machine Design
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Proficient with ERP systems and bill of material structures
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter that enjoys problem solving.
- Must be able to work within a team environment and self-directed, individual projects.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for leading projects that bring new products to market. In this role you will be responsible for designing and validating new products as they come to market. Prepare detailed working 3D models and drawings of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information. This position requires detailed knowledge of mobile equipment systems and components.
COMPETENCIES Positive Mindset, Ingenuity, Accountability, Engaged, Safety, Problem Solver, Analytical Skills, Applied Learning, Detail Orientated, Research Skills, Communicative, Dependable, Quality, Ethics, Professionalism, Team Player and Sound Judgement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, this person will:
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, sheet metal fabrications and hydraulic controls using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Coordinate and consult with other team members to design, lay out or detail components and systems for new product offerings or product improvements.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and execute product validation plans and create product specifications for a variety of standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Lay out, draw and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Enter part and BOM data into ERP system, create reports and develop costing models
- Perform weight distribution analysis to obtain maximum payload
- Develop and mentor less experienced engineers
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media