Electrical Engineer II (PCB)
$90000 to $125000 Per Year
Located near Portsmouth, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice! Company has 3,000+ employees across 12 locations.
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is an in-office position.
The Electrical Engineer II (PCB's) is responsible for developing moderately complex electrical system designs for new products as well as design improvements for legacy products. Responsibilities also include exercising sound engineering judgement and presenting analysis summaries which support design decisions. This is a new position and will offer an opportunity to be involved in both R&D and projects related to developing new technologies!
This intermediate level position in the R&D department is generally intended for electrical engineers with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and some relevant work experience. The Electrical Engineer II will work both independently and in a team environment with Electrical Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, and Test Technicians. Collaboration with other departments including manufacturing, QC, and assembly is expected.
- Develop innovative electrical component and assembly level designs in Altium to meet product requirements.
- Develop and check Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) layout drawings in Altium and perform component / assembly tolerance analysis as necessary.
- Process PCBA's / layouts / drawings and sub-systems thru the PLM system.
- Contribute to R&D projects in a team setting to meet project cost targets and delivery dates.
- Perform testing and analyze test data. Create test reports to determine if design and process meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for the manufacturability of electrical systems and sub-systems.
- Develops a strong knowledge of manufacturing principles, and assembly procedures to evaluate newly designed or modified products.
- Proactively access technical information (i.e., process records, schematics drawings, SOP’s, prototype, and fixture drawings) as needed to evaluate and support product design operations.
- Provide technical assistance to component and tooling suppliers and assist production in the identification of root causes of manufacturing problems to maintain production schedules.
- Conduct MultiSIM, Proteus, CircuitLOGIX, and XSPICE analysis, and other numerical simulations as required.
- Actively participate in the company’s NPI process (New Product Introduction).
- Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Participates in and sustains 5S Standards.
- Must follow all required Safety and ISO procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years' experience as an electrical engineer required, 5 years is preferred
- Proven PCB Design experience using Altium (must have experience with Altium)
- Advanced level skill in the use of the following additional software programs; LabView, Arduino, Visual Studio and C/C++ development environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Classwork and practical electrical engineering design experience.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in schematic, mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to understand supplier capabilities and processes in the manufacture of components and PCBA fabrication to required specifications.
- Proficiency in writing reports and procedures, and effectively presenting information to team members and management.
- Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions, and presenting and executing viable solutions.
- Reside within a reasonable commute to Newington, NH OR willing to relocate upon hire with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary offered within the range will depend on level of experience and other factors.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media