Solution Architect, Cloud
Our client is seeking a senior technical resource to help build a new generation of products.
The ideal person would be steeped in modern software and cloud technology and development processes, deeply customer-focused, and an excellent communicator, mentor, and teammate. They would be responsible for leading the refresh of our product line, focused on building single application architecture on which all products would sit. The architecture will be built incrementally, with work focused on building and delivering products frequently and extracting common pieces from them to create reusable components over time.
This person would be expected to be the expert and mentor on our technologies across all products, be the coach of all developers into an iterative and incremental development process, and the visionary defining the end goal for our systems and the path to it. The organization has strong leadership, an agile mindset, and is excited about this project. We’re looking for a strong engineer to lead it.
If this sounds like something you’d like to lead, read on!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead in developing product and common architecture through agile engineering practices
- Collaborate with hardware/firmware team to ensure tight integration of IoT devices into architecture and products
- Collaborate with Technical Director and Product Management to set priorities for delivery of new products to market
- Ensure security, scalability, reliability, and observability are built into products from the start
- Consult on design and architecture issues across all of Software Engineering
- Be a strong and vocal advocate for the agile engineering practices
WHO YOU ARE:
You model collaboration across the organization. You are comfortable moving through abiguity, learning and iterating as you go, to arrive at a solution. You favor delivering products that serve and delight customers to building technical accomplishments. You project optimism and courage as you navigate difficult situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Creating common architecture supporting multiple products
- Architecting and deploying scalable applications in public cloud
- IoT systems and architecture
- Technical leadership, capable of guiding multiple teams
- Creating a culture and practices for DevSecOps
- Infrastructure as Code, deployment, and test automation
- Modern engineering practices (Cloud native systems/TDD/Refactoring/Simple Design/etc)
- Developing and shipping several commercially viable and scalable products
- 10 or more years experience
- Very passionate about creating a culture of trust, empowerment, inclusion, curiosity, and learning
- Great collaborator with others both inside and outside technology organization
- Great communicator of technical topics to business sponsors and product management
- Strong preference for delivering incremental value frequently to gather feedback and iterate
- A data-driven approach to decisions and process improvements
- Able to coach and mentor others
- Prioritizes learning as a way of life
- Ability to travel up to 5% for the role.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in lean software development
- Experience in related fields, e.g. customer support or data science
- Experience with mobile development (both Android and iOS)
- Deep experience with Azure
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media