RN / Hospice
$60000 to $65000 Per Year
The Registered Nurse (RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery of the Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously evaluates personal and professional performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice in an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for independence and sound critical decision-making regarding the delivery of patient care in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality. Develops the patients Plan of care in collaboration with other professionals and implements treatment strategies based on scientific nursing theory that promotes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the concepts and needs of patients / families who are facing death and dying issues. Effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state regulations.
- Participates in and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with Administrator.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the Care Management process.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have hospice experience
National healthcare company
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media