Inventory Analyst - Automotive
Role Purpose: The Inventory Analyst will be responsible for the proper functioning, execution and maintenance of inventory and cycle counting activities under their direction in a manner consistent with company service, quality and cost objectives. Inventory Analyst will assist in handling the daily administrative and organizational functions of the managing of inventory and the inventory processes of the facility. The Inventory Analyst will need to collaborate between all departments on a daily basis in order to troubleshoot any inventory issues as well as assist in maintaining the inventory accuracy. This is an entry level position with an opportunity to learn and gain experience and serve as a foundation for upward mobility in the supply chain.
- Coordinate, monitor and perform cycle count program and physical inventories.
- Generate Cycle count reports then document and report cycle count accuracy.
- Monitor all store transfers and other transactions for accuracy
- Perform adjustments of inventory after thorough research.
- Document and report damaged inventory and returned material.
- Ensure inventory accuracy of locations by having locations verified.
- Maintain and reconcile all data and parameters in QAD.
- Initiation of corrective actions which are necessary to avoid inventory discrepancies
- Support Finance department with all inventory related issues.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of key performance indicators and reduction of negative inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Support Planners and/or other analysts as needed.
- KPI accountability : Cycle Count Accuracy, Physical Inventory Variance
Previous experience required:
- 2 years of experience in a distribution or logistics business operation. (preferred but not required)
- Inventory management experience in a multi-tier distribution environment preferred.
- Knowledge of key warehouse functions (i.e. Receiving, Inventory Management, Order Processing, Replenishment, and Shipping).
- Proficient experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) with intermediate level skills in Excel.
- Knowledge of MFG Pro/QAD applications preferred.
- Will be required to drive PITs (forklift, cherry pickers, etc).
- Must possess natural curiosity and ability to recognize missing elements.
- Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other people and departments.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the business.
- Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and results oriented individual.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to function in a quick moving, highly interactive team environment.
- Must have the ability to multi task as well as be detail oriented.
- Assertive, analytical problem solver with a can do attitude is required.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- 2 year Associate’s degree or proven progress toward same
- College degree BA/BS highly desired
- APICS CPIM certified or equivalent preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media