Responsibilities: The Production Manager provides leadership and support for the implementation, development and direction of production teams in a cultured dairy and dip manufacturing and packaging environment. The Production Manager is responsible for the operations function tasks including planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operation activities. The successful candidate will ensure all food manufacturing and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices, PMO standards, SQF requirements and State requirements. They will also oversee and monitor the performance of the Plant Operations as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, employee training and employee leadership development. In addition, he/she will be responsible to lead a team of 6 supervisors through safety, Continuous improvement and product quality programs. He/she will have capability to grow at least two levels within the organization. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards (compliant) with quality, safety and good manufacturing practices, on time and meeting consumer expectations.
- Elaborate and execute workforce development program that will provide appropriate flexibility of workforce. Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and team in order to develop them to their full potential. Promote and enhance a positive labor management relationship by continuously improving teamwork and employee involvement.
- Follow up with any disciplinary actions.
- Ensure succession plans and development - coaching of direct reports (where applicable) including development of specific training.
- Ensure all CAPA’s are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to GMP practices
- Lead a continuous improvement/employee involvement culture.
- Monitor and update monthly KPI’s.
Requirements: BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or related field plus a minimum 8 years’ demonstrated leadership experience with progressive responsibilities within a manufacturing facility.
- At least five (5) years’ experience with Food Manufacturing / Dairy Industry experience required.
- Familiarity with SQF, GMP’s, HACCP, Quality and Sanitation policies.
- Ability to work effectively with plant personnel, as well as interact with different support functions, customers and Senior Management.
- Understanding of capital management and budget management for a plant.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Global Supply Chain experience preferred.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media