$77000 to $92000 Per Year
This Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing the team. Supervisors work a 12 hour shift. It is a 2-2-3 schedule. You get every other weekend off.
The primary purpose is to ensure that products are produced in line with safety, quality and consumer requirements. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly production KPIs are met for People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth. This is a complex, fast paced high speed production packaging & metal melting foundry setting with under 100 employees.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including both PENSION & 401K!
- Train, coach, mentor, and provide feedback/recognition to associates
- Ensure that set standards are adhered to at all times with regard to Safety and Quality
- Meet production KPI's
- Responsible for monitoring the performance and corrective actions, ensuring that information boards are continually updated with daily, weekly and monthly information
- Review long-term data trends and facilitate remedial activities using CI methodologies to determine root cause and fix
- Ensure that Safety, Quality and 5S auditing and corrective measures are complete for all areas within the Business Unit
- Develop detailed manpower and material resourcing plans to ensure that bottlenecks are removed and all delivery commitments are met on time and in full
- Lead / facilitate / participate in continuous improvement events
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, keeping teams updated regarding issues affecting performance and seeking guidance where needed
- Lead the team and manage any employee relation matters, with guidance sought from HR
- Ensure appropriate knowledge of facility and industry related regulations, support and deploy all plant initiatives such as: MOS (management operating system), TPM (total productive maintenance),
- Own respective QMS standard and execute all processes, including all documentation specification requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience.
- 2+ years related experience and/or training, prior experience in packaging, foundry, pulp, consumer package goods or food/beverage manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN or other related Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools 5S, Kaizen etc.
- Combination of education, experience or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable
- Strong leadership skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, effective teams
- Ability to mentor and develop productive staff
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media