Controller - CPA - Accounting Leader - Manufacturing
Our client is fast growing and looking for a Controller who can bring best practice and who can help them set up systems to support their growth.
The Controller - Candidate will report to the CFO and manages and coordinates the daily accounting function for the business. This includes Mentoring the Accounting staff, responsible for Financial Closing, Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls. The person in this role will have the opportunity to grow in to the CFO role in the years to come.
This individual executes a variety of tasks to manage and coordinate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance function.
- Develop business relationship with functional leadership team and act as Finance partner
- Drive monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
- Play a key role in working capital forecasting, weekly status updates on Month to Date and vs Forecast performance
- Maintain the closing of financial systems including:
- o Maintenance of General Ledger accounts
o Preparation of applicable journal entries
o Review of General Ledger account reconciliations
- Upload monthly financial information to the Corporate HFM system and reconcile Trial Balances to the consolidated reports
- Evaluate accounting policies and procedural control systems and work to improve effectiveness and compliance. This includes monthly SOX testing and upkeep of required documentation in the Corporate SOX database.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget and upload of all budget information into the HFM system
- Assist US Controller and Business Unit Controller with any other duties/projects as assigned
- Provide Customer credit support including
- o Dun & Bradstreet reporting
- o Establishing customer credit limits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA
- Five – Seven years of related accounting experience in a manufacturing organization
- Public accounting and/or Internal audit at a large organization experience preferred
- Strong proficiency with office productivity applications (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Word, Adobe)
- Experience with Info software - Cloud based
- Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details
- Work requires effective oral and written communications skills as well as a strong analytical acumen
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media