Tooling Manager - Stamping
**Cold and Hot Stamping Experience preferred**
Tooling Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing new tooling methods, building innovative tools, revamping tooling standards, researching new suppliers and tooling concepts as well as project scheduling.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring die engineers and technicians.
- Evaluates stamping tool processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment/tooling vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment requirements and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future capacities/requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Tooling Manager Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in Stamping tooling design and manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills and must possess the ability to supervise and motivate employees in a team environment.
- Working with operations to address problem areas and collectively come up and implement solutions.
- Experience with troubleshooting stamping tool issues both in and out of a press.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media