This company is a public-traded Fortune 500 manufacturer with facilities throughout the US and around the World. This plant was acquired about 18 months ago and has been the focus of intensive culture change and capital investment since then. This is a newly created role and will be a part of the site leadership team. The main focuses of this position will be:
- Leading and managing Capital Projects process: this will include managing internal direct reports (four for now), and managing external contractors and vendors. Strategically, this person will play an integral role in developing this site’s 3-5 year improvement plan around the areas of capital, equipment and assets, providing the vision for and the implementation strategy around ‘best practices’.
- Leading and mentoring the engineering team
The facility itself is a larger site (200+ employees). There is a lot of capital being invested in this plant and this person will be very involved in determining where that capital is used. According to the site manager, this plant has been making many smaller changes over the past 18 months, but he wants someone who is going to help increase the pace of that change as they move forward.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- 12+ years of post-college, manufacturing experience, ideally with previous experience working in cGMP-regulated environments
- Must have prior supervisory experience over a group of engineers
- Should have managed projects and also have demonstrable experience in continuous improvement of project management processes, establishment of KPIs, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills – not only for leading their own team, but also for regularly interfacing with other site leaders, as well as corporate leaders
- Previous predictive/preventive maintenance experience would be a huge plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media