Associate General Counsel / SEC Reporting
$130000 to $145000 Per Year
Associate General Counsel / Financial Disclosure / SEC Reporting
The Financial Disclosure section of the Corporate Securities Department provides critical legal advice and support for the Company’s SEC reporting, including its Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Current Reports on Form 8-K, and related legal requirements.
We collaborate with individuals and executives throughout the company to support our External Reporting, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications functions and to help ensure that we are complying with applicable disclosure requirements.
Other responsibilities of our team include providing legal advice on applicable legal and regulatory developments, equity security issuances and related disclosure documents, applicable listing requirements, and other financial disclosure and securities law related matters.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to hit the ground running as a key member of the Financial Disclosure team. You will use your knowledge and expertise to:
- Provide legal advice on securities laws and requirements, such as the SEC’s periodic reporting requirements (including the drafting of 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K disclosure), beneficial ownership reporting requirements, Regulation FD, and insider trading laws;
- Assist in the analysis of legal, regulatory, and policy developments affecting SEC reporting and equity securities offerings;
- Support External Reporting, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications;
- Interact directly and collaboratively with business areas across the company, outside counsel, and other third parties with respect to disclosure matters; and
- Collaborate with members of the team and Legal Division and coordinate the legal review of certain SEC reports and other external communications within the Corporate Securities Department and other departments within the Legal Division.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar; and a minimum of 1 year of legal experience.
- Experience providing legal advice on federal securities laws and requirements – including periodic reporting requirements, beneficial ownership reporting requirements, Regulation FD, and insider trading laws – in a law firm or corporate law department or at the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Experience drafting disclosure for periodic reports (Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, and Form 8-Ks) and beneficial ownership reports filed with the SEC as well as disclosure documents for offerings of equity securities offerings.
- Experience providing legal advice and support to the executive team as well as to the finance, investor relations, and corporate communications functions.
- Knowledge of listing requirements for national securities exchanges, such as NASDAQ or NYSE.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- A background in business, finance, or accounting is a plus.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Intellectual acumen to assume a primary role in the drafting and legal review of SEC reports, disclosure documents for equity securities offerings, and certain external communications.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to manage processes and follow through on tasks.
- Significant organizational and project management skills honed over the course of many multifaceted assignments.
- Superior oral and written communications skills, including comfort and confidence interacting with executives and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and maintain strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers/clients.
- Staying current on applicable federal securities laws and disclosure requirements that may affect the company and be comfortable with transition and change.
- A commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media