Journeyman Toolmaker needed for injection Mold Maker role leading projects to build, repair and modify high-quality injection mold tooling from complex parts and mold designs. Diagnose issues that cause molds to function poorly or cause quality issues.
This is a 2nd shift position.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) *
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience as injection tool maker
- Experience in ISO medical regulated environment
- Familiar with high-volume, multi-cavity, hot-runner injection molds
- Knowledge interpreting part print & Mold drawings.
- Machining requirements/ responsibilities in operating EDM, CNC & all standard toolroom equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs over the shoulder
- Must be able to stand for several hours
*preferred Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related area or 4-Year Journeyman Tool Maker certificate.
- Maintain tooling machines, molds and mold maintenance areas in a safe, clean and organized condition
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
- Follow, develop and edit mold maintenance and manufacturing procedures
- Proactively evaluate, suggest and implement mold maintenance and manufacturing improvement ideas
- Use SolidWorks to view, modify and create mold design models, assemblies and drawings
- Inspect, evaluate and perform complex mold repair work including welding, machining, grinding and polishing
- Train apprentice tool makers and machinists to operate tooling manufacturing machines
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, assemble and test complex, Class 101 hot-runner injection molds Valve gate systems.
- Work closely with Engineering, Processing and Operations Teams to solve complex problems, recommend improvements and implement countermeasures
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media