Our client is a manufacturing plant in Danville, IL whose business is booming. To keep up with customer orders, they are hiring a Controls Engineer to work third shift. In this role you will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing plant equipment with regards to electronic components and programming to help minimize downtime and improve machine efficiency. CNC experience is required!
Relocation assistance is available. The plant is an easy commute from lovely Champaign, IL or from Veedersburg, IN. Just a two and half hour drive to Chicago and all it has to offer. Small town/rural life is calling!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting electronic controls in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge of Fanuc and ABB robot electronic maintenance and programming
- Knowledge of automated transfer systems like gantries
- Knowledge of Fanuc, Siemens, & Allen Bradley control systems
- Understanding of schematics and program reading
- Knowledgeable in a variety of machine software
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- PLC experience, CNC troubleshooting experience, and AC/ DC servo drive experience
- Basic algebraic mathematical ability
- Understanding of standard to metric conversions
- Excellent oral and written language ability
- Ability to follow step-by-step procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Project Management skills
- Troubleshooting, repairing plant equipment, and PLC Programming
- Taking on special projects pertaining to plant electronics
- Assisting Electronic Technicians
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair plant equipment involving checking voltages, changing out bad components, switching out gauges, as well as making camera and software adjustments
- Program PLCs and diagnose machine faults/failures
- Research and recommend machine control upgrades to address outdated controls
- Document changes to electrical drawings and generate upgraded drawings
- Prepare daily log reports and document/track the off shift activity to ensure proper follow up on machine problems and repairs
- Assist E-Techs
- Work on special projects such as machine function additions and troubleshooting, and repairing plant equipment
- Adding PLC relay outputs at the request of the customer
- Other projects and responsibilities as specified
- Work for a global manufacturer who is a leader in their industry.
- Less than 10% travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, insurance… employee premiums apply.
- 401k with company match up to 4.5% with 6% employee contribution (optional)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media