Sales Engineer - Utilities Automation Projects
Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager with Electrical Utilities experience needed to work REMOTELY for a multi-office systems integration company catering to the Electrical Utilities, Power Generation and Distribution, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, Chemical and other industries.
Why work here?
- Work remotely from home office
- Stable growing company in business for over 18 years
- Variety of industries served
- Philosophy of mutual respect and positive work environment
- Competitive compensation with annual reviews and bonuses
- Full benefits! Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401k fully vested on 1st day! 100% to 3%, 50% to 5%
- Education reimbursement!
- 4-and-a-half-day work weeks all year!!
- Generous base plus bonus
- Develop new client relationships to identify and secure Automation and Control System opportunities
- Evaluate client’s request for proposal to determine appropriate automation solutions
- Prepare responses to RFPs and work with Product Line Leaders to develop cost estimates and proposals
- Provide field market intelligence including competitive information and market or industry trends
- Maintain and develop new business development opportunities
- Call on existing accounts to support the operations teams in expanding account revenues
- Provide service demonstrations “Lunch and Learns” as well as road show demonstrations
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industrial manufacturing processes as well as automation system functions and architectures
- Evaluate electrical drawings, prints, schematics and specifications
- Develop and maintains quality relationships with clients
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional business development/sales/contracts experience for automation control system solutions.
- Experience in the areas of electric power generation & distribution, natural gas & oil pipelines, food & beverage processing, water and wastewater, as well as various types of manufacturing facilities is preferred.
- Must have a proven successful Business Development campaign and track record developing new clients and achieving sales goals.
- Familiarity with PLC/HMI/DCS hardware and software packages from vendors such as Rockwell, Siemens, AVEVA./Wonderware, Inductive Automation, GE, and Schneider Electric.
- Proposal development experience.
- Personable and open personality who is willing and excited about making relationships across product lines internally and is a team player.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must possess mobility to work across any setting and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm
- Role requires the ability to travel between 40-50%, both locally and overnight
- Must be able to work at desk for long periods of time, strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, across computer formats, and over the telephone.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media