Laboratory Calibration Technician - Pharmaceuticals
We are looking for a Laboratory Calibration Technician to be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled qualifications, calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair tasks in support of typical analytical and process instrumentation used in laboratory
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs both scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair tasks for moderately complex laboratory and process instrumentation.
- Support equipment and instrumentation including but not limited to: HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) Systems, GCs (Gas Chromatography), temperature and pressure measuring instruments, hardness testers, balances, furnaces, ovens, autoclaves, glassware washers, stability chambers/ incubators, liquid-in-glass and digital thermometers, thermocouples / RTD's, humidity sensors, spectrophotometers, refractometers, pipettes, pH/conductivity/resistivity instruments, and an array of other laboratory, production and packaging equipment
- Documents calibration results in the calibration management system database (LIMS).
- Plans, schedules and performs monthly workload assignments; including devotion of time to effectively manage on-demand assignments as they arise.
- Works closely with equipment users, engineers and other technicians in the process of getting monthly work completed
- Troubleshoot and repair laboratory instruments (HPLC/GC/LCMS) for assay related issues: irregular pressure traces, low assay counts, retention rates, and reagents.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with direct Supervisors/ Management, various levels of personnel within the company and with external manufacturers/suppliers/service vendors.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Act as liaison with outside contractors and vendors for equipment repairs or contract maintenance.
- Responsible for managing PM, repairs, and calibration records for all equipment and instruments in both facilities.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Regular attendance is required
A minimum of three years of field experience and familiarity with Quality systems, including proper operation of laboratory instrumentations, troubleshooting, and the generation and revision of SOPs. Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel are required. A strong proficiency in MS office and metrology database applications is also required
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in a technical discipline (A.S. or A.A.S.), or equivalent military education (60-credit hours) and training, (ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT) and/or military PMEL training is a plus, but not mandatory)
- 3-5 years previous calibration/instrumentation experience is
- Troubleshooting, repairing, qualifying and calibrating HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) and GC (gas chromatography) systems is required.
- Previous experience working in a GMP environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; commitment to timely follow-up/response
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media