Chemical Process Improvement and Process Design Engineer
Location: Pensacola, FL
My client is a commodity and specialty chemical producer with sites in the US and abroad. This person’s primary responsibility will be to reduce the sites carbon emissions by optimizing plant processes. The secondary role will be to develop the manufacturing process for new products. This will be achieved by use of six sigma, improving DCS controls, developing creating process alternatives on reactors. distillation columns, and separation of liquids from granular streams. Process work will include process simulation, modeling, heat and mass balances, process design and developing preliminary and final P&ID flow sheets. This DCS controlled site is equipped with a technical center, R&D personnel, and a large staff of engineers.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- M.S. or Ph.D. would be a plus.
- 10+ years of process development and/or R&D experience out of either the chemicals or petrochemicals industries
- Must have the following:
- Strong process design skills
- Process simulation
- Data analysis
- Experience with reactors, mass transfer, and plant controls
- The following would be pluses:
- Experience with distillation, crystallization, centrifugation, and polymerization
- Liquid and solid separation
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media