Automation Controls Engineer
Location: North Carolina, with 20-30% travel for work
The Automation Controls Engineer position responsibilities are to service and start-up packaging machines for
the Pharmaceutical industry and collaborate with German headquarters on upgrades and rebuilds for current
1. Edit existing machine codes (Rockwell ControlLogix)
2. Adjust and test software parameters
3. Perform problem analysis at complex production machines and find out how they could be connected to
the machine programming
4. Document problem solving process and archive updated machine software
5. Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and explain machine situations, code and software
processes to colleagues & customers
1. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
2. Decision making ability
3. Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
4. Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
5. Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to identify
and improve machine programs.
6. Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
7. Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors, proximity
switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O
8. Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (ControlLogix and CompactLogix) and HMI experience is a plus
This position will not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The travel requirements for this position are approximately 20-30% per year
1. 3-5 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment
2. Expert knowledge of Allen-Bradley platforms is required. Software: RSLogix 5000
3. BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming, or related field is preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience in PLC programming, motion commissioning of new equipment, as well as
remote and field support
5. Experience in working with electrical control diagrams
6. Knowledge of additional PLC / AC Drives / HMI / Servo / Motion Control is required
7. SAP experience ideal
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media