Global Operations Manager
$120000 to $130000 Per Year
Rapidly expanding company in the biotechnology equipment field can offer you an opportunity to work in a fast paced cross-functional environment leading teams of technical professionals developing large scale processing equipment. If you seek a company that has a strong recent track record of expansion then this opportunity will appeal to you.
The scope of responsibility for this position is to drive all functional activities for the operations. This includes Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering, as well as Planning, Inventory Control and Facilities Maintenance. This role drives continuous improvement implementation throughout the operations process. The Global Operations Manager is also responsible for supporting business development effort and field activities for our DC customers. This role participates as cross-functional team member within assigned goal-oriented team responsibility.
- Set strategic operational goals and KPIs and drive them through as the owner
- Plan, implement and manage the overall long-term business success strategy
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations
- Motivate, manage, and develop staff from different functions
- Evaluate, monitor, and increase the efficiency of business procedures
- Organize customer support to enhance customer satisfaction
- Monitor and review financial information
- Manage operational budgets to promote profitability
- Develop policies and procedures and encourage adherence
- Manage relationships with external partners and vendors
- Plan, coordinate and manage all material, labor, and facility resources necessary to complete the production of components in compliance with the established quality specifications, budgeted labor costs, and committed delivery schedule.
- Ensure adherence to and enforcement of all company policies (Safety, Human Resources, IT, or other). Conduct employee training as needed to support communication and understanding of new policies or policy changes.
- Create, maintain, and report a comprehensive production schedule reflecting allocation of labor resources to all current and anticipated production needs.
- Be the primary driver of process improvement activities in all operations areas, focused on integration of Lean Manufacturing principle to produce measurable improvements in operations costs, production lead times and overall product quality. This includes development and execution of short-, mid-, and long-term strategies, detailed operational plans for implementation, and quantifying/reporting of results.
- Develop a high level of functional leadership throughout all levels of the Operations staff.
- • Conduct formal annual employee reviews to provide feedback on established performance criteria and identify areas for improvement and/or additional development/training. More frequent periodic reviews may be needed for new or developing employees.
- Establish best practices for operations team integration with corporate ERP system to attain efficient flow of materials, effective application of labor and accurate collection of data throughout the entire production cycle.
- Provide manufacturing cost & lead time estimates to support business development effort.
- Maintain operational and administrative responsibility and reporting of all operations functions and related administrative activities. This involves responsibility for the physical manufacturing facility and related utilities, contracting of all required services, and ensuring compliance with all governmental safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Perform any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or management discipline
- Minimum of 7 years prior experience in an operations management role, preferably involving mass production process establishment and management.
- Lean Manufacturing Certification. Must have substantive first-hand experience in both designing and conducting Kaizen events with demonstrable results.
- Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated talent and skill sets required for strategic thinking, problem solving and sustain long-term growth within a technical organizational
- Deep understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably as related to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing
- Ability to challenge the status quo to evolve business in more efficient and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively communicate and in a variety of complex circumstances. Deep experience in engaging and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly assess a complex scenario and utilize common scenario planning tools and techniques to advance viable business alternatives
- Ability to work in a Global Environment and to travel
- Advanced degree in Business, Management, or related technical disciplines
- Background in biotech or pharmaceutical industry with experience in custom equipment design and manufacturing of similar scale and complexity
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media