Electrical Design Engineer
An Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing code compliant industrial control panels. The candidate will work closely with different departments such as project management and mechanical engineering teams to ensure designs meet customer requirements while minimizing manufacturing costs.
- 3+ years’ experience in industrial controls and electrical design.
- In depth understanding of NFPA and UL electrical codes.
- This position requires the ability to read client specifications and design industrial control enclosures to UL 508A & UL698A standards using mostly Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley) products. Creation of Bill of material for procurement. Oversee fabrication in our electrical shop.
- Design of IEC (Open Frame) motor controls using Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley) products.
- Experience with Motor Control Center (MCC)
- Design of control system architecture using Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley) ControlLogix PLC’s.
- Specification of instrumentation for use in classified zones such as Class II, Division 2 environment or ATEX, etc…
- Development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Development of Electrical Drawing Package for the mechanical process using AUTOCAD. Drawings include the following:
- Control system architecture
- Grounding system
- Motor power single line
- Enclosure layout
- Enclosure Bill of Material
- Instrumentation wiring details
- Control power distribution
- Control wiring
- Terminal directory
- This is not a programming position but experience with the programming of industrial controls is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, strong computer skills (including AutoCAD), and a cooperative team attitude are requirements of this position. This position requires communications with all departments within our organization.
- The position is located in the Tampa Bay Florida area. Projects are installed throughout North, Central, and South America.
- Some travel may be required. Spanish and/or German language skills are a plus.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media