Director of Equity
We are seeking a Director of Equity for our client in beautiful Eastern Iowa. A positive educational experience can literally set a child on a path towards a future of prosperity or a one of struggle. As a leader focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, and engagement in education you have an opportunity to help establish that path for K-12 students, regardless of their zip code.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO AS THE EQUITY DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will serve as a key leader who embraces and champions our client’s fundamental value of ensuring equity for all. You will organize, coordinate, communicate, and manage various facets of educational equity in order to enhance the student learning experience and maximize the educational opportunities available to each student. Your duties will be to:
- Execute and monitor educational programs/opportunities in schools, departments, etc., to determine compliance with the goals and strategic plan of the District and provide annual status reports.
- Collaborate with curriculum, instruction and assessment departments to develop a systematic plan for incorporating multicultural gender fair approaches.
- Ensure diversity in Career and Technical (CTE) advisory and other committees.
- Analyze over/underrepresentation in CTE courses by race, gender and disability.
- Serve as the School District's Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator.
- Represent the District by being present in the community, serving on community committees, boards, and attending community meetings.
- Assist with recruiting candidates underrepresented as outlined in the District EEO Plan.
- Assist in recommending new policies and programs, which support diversity as well as regulations and procedures relating to equal access and opportunity.
- Design and deliver staff education sessions relating to equal opportunity, cultural competency, compliance, civil rights grievance process, etc., for appropriate school district personnel and students.
- Review and communicate current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to diversity and EEO initiatives and compliance.
- Facilitate the District Equity Committee.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations related to diversity and EEO issues, and serve as a consultant in resolving charges of noncompliance with established policies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE QUALIFIED
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social science, human resources, education, or related field.
- To be a strong relationship builder with a desire to be “in the buildings” collaborating with staff and students.
- Competency in racial equity and leading in culturally diverse environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with individuals, teams, and groups.
- Experience in data-based decision making.
- Experience planning and conducting professional development and training programs.
- Strong research skills and the ability to synthesize new information readily.
- Willingness to travel periodically and work evenings and occasional weekends.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- A very competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending
- IPERS retirement plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
We are proud to support a school district that is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our client strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, sex, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, families with children, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media