Technical Sales Metallurgy
In an exciting and challenging environment, the Technical Sales Representative provides technical assistance to customers regarding the application of capabilities. This position also assists the VP – Commercial Sales in all job functions, which includes supervising the Sales Department in the Vice-President’s absence. Maintains good customer relations by providing prompt and effective service to customers at all times.
About the hiring company:
- Family-owned business with long-range vision.
- The world leader in the production of high quality carbon, alloy, stainless and tool steel ingot.
- Unmatched commitment to our customers.
- Emphasis on flexibility, responsiveness, and problem solving.
- Continual investment in our people, process, and equipment.
- Highly trained workforce, state-of-the-art equipment and methodology.
- A manufacturing environment where excellence is an everyday occurrence.
Our clients focus is to create an environment of opportunity where you can grow your career. Their culture values diverse talents and the contributions of all employees. Their commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of their people.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop steel ingot process, sales contract and inquiry review.
- Responsible for managing the sales for other business units, as necessary.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of applicable steelmaking processes.
- Responsible for making credit decisions on customers.
- Offer technical and operational expertise to customers.
- Travel is required (local, national and international), typically 25% of the time to customers for sales calls or in response to technical service inquiries, as needed.
- Assist sales staff in technical inquiries and scheduling.
- Coordinate and oversee customers’ orders and deliveries.
- Responsible for coordinating the investigation to conclusion and resolution of customer claims in conjunction with Metallurgy.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgy or Material Science
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in sales/marketing function in steel producing market preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary
- Valid driver's license
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Must be able to work with types of people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to safety
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media