$80000 to $110000 Per Year
The Production Manager/Superintendent is responsible for leading the production department to achieve safety, quality and production goals. The manufacturing process at the Bremen facility begins with a two-part chemistry leading to an exothermic reaction. This role requires an individual who has a strong technical background with a passion for leading people. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and would be an excellent growth opportunity for an engineer that wants to take their career into Operations Management. The successful candidate will be motivated, inquisitive, and enjoy work in a fast-paced environment.
Your Day to Day:
- Ensure compliance of safety and environmental aspects through understanding of regulations and working alongside EHS department.
- Provide leadership to the production department to include direction for day-to-day operations as well as long term strategic initiatives.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve quality, reduce cost, and/or improve production efficiency.
- Collaborate with Production Planning Department to meet customer demand.
- Develop and implement annual budgets, quality programs, and productivity improvement plans
- Provide in-the-moment coaching to improve, enhance, or build upon performance of team members.
- Coordinate technical activities with Engineering and other departmental units
- Assist in special projects and assignments as specified.
What you Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in management, engineering or relevant field with a minimum of 5 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have good critical process thinking skills and understanding of Lean Principles
- Demonstrated ability to drive change for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills including excel, power point, Microsoft project and Minitab (or other statistical analysis software)
- Must have a good understanding of cost aspects and impacts in relation day-to-day operations and long-term strategies.
- Must have high level organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Minimal travel required (0 - 10 days per year).
· Proven leader with the ability to coach, mentor, and develop people
· Strong team building, decision making, and people management skills
· Lean manufacturing and 5S principles a definite plus
· Ideal candidate thrives on continuous improvement, creating a high-performance culture, and enjoys developing people
· Ability to develop and implement manufacturing systems to improve safety, quality, and productivity
· Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and developing corrective actions
Applicants can expect to make between $78,500 to $99,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Relocation available to those who qualify.
We offer a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. Sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. Offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. Also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
This individual needs the ability & enjoys developing people - will be developing front-line leaders, on-boarding/cross-training. Needs to be able to develop deploy. manufacturing systems, working standards, 5s, continuous improvement. 24/7 365 Must have flexibility to touch all 4 shifts, strong people skills. 4 direct reports
1) Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, work practices, and OSHA regulations
2) Drive a safety and 5S culture to achieve the goal of zero injuries
3) Lead and develop front line supervisors to be effective leaders and meet performance requirements
4) Lead, support, and champion the continuous improvement process through engaging and developing employees
5) Identify and eliminate waste from the production process to improve productivity and reduce costs
6) Develop standardized work standards and effective employee training programs
7) Tracking and reporting on plant key performance indicators (KPIs)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media