$55000 to $75000 Per Year
- We have an immediate need for a Production Supervisor on 2nd shift due to increase in business and expansion
- This role is being groomed to become a 1st shift Manager in 1-3 years
- The Production Supervisor manages and coordinates the activities of production personnel engaged in providing leadership, lean initiatives, direction and facilitation on multiple high-speed production lines.
- Local candidates preferred
- Direct and coach production operators in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple lines.
- Manage within labor and operating expense budget.
- Coordinate production ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and record.
- Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Make recommendations for long term solutions, including recommendations for replacing equipment, refurbishing equipment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, material change, etc., related to the area of accountability.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills and capability development.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationship within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- BA/BS degree required; ideally in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Previous people management experience in a manufacturing or military leadership role required
- Manufacturing experience preferred; ideally in foods, consumer products, packaging, plastics or related high-speed processing industries
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, leading, developing, training and disciplining employees as needed
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, and/or other methods of Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Open to working a 2nd or 3rd shift as assigned and work weekend and overtime as business needs (overtime is paid)
Military veteran preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media