Application Engineering Manager
Application Engineering Manager
Mississauga (GTA) Canada
Position Summary: Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Sales & Customer Care. The Application Engineering Manager role provides direct guidance, leadership, and direction to the Inside Sales/Applications Engineering team. This role provides guidance and direction on both technical and commercial issues and is accountable for the Daily Management and Metrics associated with the team. The role manages the day-to-day functions of our Application Engineering (AE) Team as well as the Customer Service
• Support, develop, motivate, and engage the team through coaching and mentoring.
• Provide guidance and direction on both technical and commercial issues.
· Supervise Inside Sales Team to create detailed and accurate quotations, specification reviews, order processing and order management.
· Promotes and leads team continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives for department, as identified through daily management and problem-solving activities.
· Manage team scheduling and order flow throughput improvement activities, along with overall sales order status. Manage team workload and issues.
• Use Daily Management techniques to monitor quote responsiveness, proposal quality and order entry.
· Implement process improvements programs for the department, training programs for new hires and ongoing department / team member developmental growth.
· Partnering with external customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfies the application.
• Elevation point for any quote issues that arise.
· Reviewing daily management reports, ensuring a proper workflow, and assigning/shifting resources as necessary to meet business needs.
· Gathering data, analyzing, and reporting departmental metrics. This role is responsible for making corrective action and procedural recommendations to the department RVP and assisting in executing them.
• Reviewing all large opportunity sales strategies prior to being presented for approval.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
· Responsible for providing performance feedback, completing formal assessments, putting corrective action in place when necessary and driving individual development/training plans.
· Accountable for the quality of the AEs specification review, cost model, quote document, switchgear check sheets and purchase order review functions.
• Coach and mentor the team to provide timely responses to both internal and external customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Preferred or experience with Electrical OEM products or experience in the Power Industry.
• 3+ years of experience leading a team is a MUST.
• Strong technical knowledge and a strong grasp of commercial issues
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent command of the English language
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and build solid relationships.
• Ability to uphold confidentiality.
• Bilingual (French and English) considered an asset.
• 3-5 years of Application Engineering experience
• Strong customer interaction and customer service skills
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media