$22 to $24 Per Hour
DIE REPAIR – 2nd OR 3rd Shift
- Replaces, repairs die parts to bring parts within tolerance standards.
- Acts as first line contact with die problems brought to his/her attention by press operators and inspectors for material being produced by the die that is out of tolerance specifications or contains some basic defect such as burrs, scratches, springing, etc. that will not pass quality standards.
- Reviews part and/or stamped strip progression to trace and locate area causing problem tracing defect beyond the visual point down thru the strip and the various tooling to the tool or area that is actually causing the problem.
- Determines procedures necessary to correct the problem considering the overall effect of changing or replacing a particular tool on the remaining tooling.
- May pull and replace tooling such as pierce punches, slot punches, guide pins, forming and closing stations, , flattening stations, stamps, etc., measuring parts removed and new part to be able to shim tooling to specified dimensions.
- Utilizes various inspection instruments to check tolerances of parts, micrometer, ring and plug gauges and similar gauges.
- Sets up die, obtains die from die storage, removes present die from press and installs new die, Adjusts feed mechanism for size stock being utilized and proper die lead, changes dereeler for type material, pancake or spool. Places oil lines for die in proper location and if and when operation requires, attach milling or devices.
- As required and when die is in press will make die change over to permit changing tooling to another part number.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- 5+ years of die repair experience OR completion of formal training program
- Knowledge and understanding of maintaining more complex and problem type dies
- Deep analysis of die breakdowns or die malfunctioning
- Knowledge tolerance specifications
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media