Principal Analog Engineer
$110000 to $120000 Per Year
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Medical Devices, seeking a Principal Analog Engineer for their innovative team located in the Boston area. The Principal Analog Engineer will participate in the design, development and testing of high-power analog circuits (> 1kW) for medical devices for X-ray based, image guided surgery.
The Principal Analog Engineer will:
- Propose new ideas of technology advancement within the Electrical group
- Propose new ideas for technology advancement within the Electrical group.
- Responsible for sub-system development within a large capital project.
- Develop requirements and specifications for sub-system components.
- Facilitate make versus buy recommendations.
- Design and develop electro- mechanical products based on requirements
- Implement, maintain and execute the project plans for new technology programs
- Maintain and complete appropriate documentation for new technology programs
- Ensure appropriate documentation is transferred to product line specific areas during commercialization phase
- Plan, design, review, and oversee the testing of devices according to international electrical emission, immunity and safety standards
- Provide information to senior management regarding the impact of new technology programs or new product lines acquisitions on the business
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
- Perform duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
Requirements for Principal Analog Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- 7 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience with Master's degree
- Must have knowledge and design experience in analog electronics in AC circuits and AC/DC interfacte
- Extensive knowledge and experience in conducting testing on common electronic components involving high voltage and transient scenarios
Deep domain knowledge and extensive experience in component reliability analysis on subassemblies
Extensive knowledge and experience in electrical safety standards (EN-60601-1) and compliance testing
Demonstrated proved track record of product development process from concept to commercialization
Prefer experience in Lean-Sigma or Six-Sigma for Design for Reliability and Manufacturability
Experience with Labview, MATLAB/Simulink, Hyperlynx and HDL languages for CPLD and FPGA
Knowledge of x-ray systems a plus
Knowledge of robotics systems and motor controllers preferred
Medical Device experience a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media