Broker Commercial Insurance
$75000 to $150000 Per Year
Role: Broker - Commercial Insurance
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious entrepreneur with an established presence in the wholesale brokerage insurance marketplace. Self-motivated and dependable, a trusted source of knowledge and valued team player.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop submission opportunities and a regular flow of business by capitalizing on existing agency relationships and prospecting new agencies who target business within our department’s core competencies.
- Generate revenue through soliciting, analyzing, marketing, and placing coverage with a wide variety of markets and carriers. Measured by annual revenue growth, new business revenue growth, and overall book retention.
- Maintain strong rapport with key underwriters/carriers to help ensure timely responses, accurate placements, and bolster hit ratios.
- Negotiate broad coverage terms and competitive rates, providing marketing summary to agent and acting as a client advocate. Support agent presentation.
- Provide ‘expert’ resources to our agents including comprehensive analysis of coverage forms, limitations and conditions.
- Utilize automated platforms to quickly provide quotes and address inquiries
- Act as designated broker for handling inter-office submission referrals and coverage/product inquiries.
- Ensure timely response to all inquiries and submissions within department guidelines. Maintain proper renewal handling guidelines.
- Support other team members including associate brokers and brokerage assistants as needed; support admin requests and organizational goals.
- Schedule monthly meetings with agencies and attend industry events.
- Professional Lines Specialists, both internally and externally
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad understanding of commercial lines business including GL, Property, Management Liability, Professional Liability, Pollution, and Excess/Umbrella.
- Must be able to independently research and solve problems without assistance
- Comfortable carrying conversation and being professionally extroverted
- Ability to decipher coverage intent and effectively compare and contrast competing policy forms across above lines.
- Highly detail orientated with advanced organization skills required, including ability to manage many responsibilities effectively at once.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Assist with the development and training of less experienced team members
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in commercial lines or excess/surplus lines
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in professional liability
- CPCU, CIC, or other designation preferred; producer license preferred
- Base salary
- Bonuses & commissions
- Full Benefits
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media