6045 Staff Accountant
The role of the Staff Accountant is to support clients in a variety of accounting projects, which would include performing general accounting, month-end close functions, preparing financial statements, and performing other special accounting projects as needed. The Accounting Services Staff Accountant focuses on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- General accounting services including: bank reconciliation, accounts receivable/payable, monthly close process and compiling financial
- Knowledge of accrual accounting.
- Prepare financial and operational consulting
- Prepare sales tax, use tax, commercial activity tax (CAT), and payroll tax returns.
- Train and assist clients with bookkeeping tasks in various accounting software including QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- Ability to perform assigned client engagements within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Ability to utilize and leverage technology efficiently.
- Identify opportunities to represent firm and build relationships by attending special events and meetings.
- Develop networking and other practice development
- Ability to identify special projects and/or internal firm initiatives which will provide opportunities for professional and personal
- Develop strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of technical concepts.
- Develop judgment to identify and mitigate risks.
- Coordinate and collaborate with direct supervisor on a frequent basis, to ensure efficient flow of information relative to client engagements.
- Demonstrate importance of learning and understanding the client’s business, industry and resources available to provide value to clients.
Position Description – Staff Accountant/Accounting Services/Toledo
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote positive work environment.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Exhibit ability to work independently, having confidence in his/her ability to address and resolve conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors to enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and/or 3+ years of experience as successful bookkeeper or accountant.
- Proficiency in use of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word. Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at once.
- Confidence to work with a variety of clients (internal and external).
- Ability to work well independently and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to work performance through the formal evaluation process.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media