Maintenance – Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Manager
This key position reports directly to the President of this values-based manufacturing organization. Utilizing independent judgment, this position oversees the installation, repair and maintenance of all plant equipment and systems in a safe and productive manner while ensuring limited, uninterrupted service.
- Supports the Company philosophy concerning unions and works to maintain a union free environment through the utilization of good supervisory practices.
- Possesses a strong commitment to a safe work environment and practices and maintains adherence to Company Safety Policies through education and accountability.
- Manages the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance and Electronics Departments.
- Directs the activities of these departments with regard to safety, productivity and quality.
- Establish, implement and maintain an effective and efficient Work Order System.
- Track Maintenance hours by task and associated equipment.
- Prepare and monitor monthly maintenance safety and activity report.
- Works with Operations to ensure that downtime is minimized and production efficiencies are maintained.
- Develop work scopes, project budgets and schedules for capital and major repair projects.
- Prepares annual repair and maintenance budgets.
- Plans and manages support for plant outages
- Ensures that critical spare parts inventory is maintained.
- Maintains/monitors Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Secures major equipment bids and makes recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of pollution control equipment.
- Work to develop solutions to requests for technical services.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures for departments as well as overall Company.
- Holds department employees responsible for high quality, high volume productivity utilizing good safety practices.
- Interviews prospective applicants and makes decisions regarding hiring.
- Evaluates personnel and recommends training and decisions regarding terminations.
- Abides by and enforces all plant safety regulations.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a commensurate level of related experience and education.
Minimum of Ten (10) years experience in mechanical and/or electrical repair and maintenance
Minimum of Five (5) years supervisory experience; Ten (10) years preferred; good communicator and motivator, team builder, good interpersonal skills.
Driving is a function of this position but not a requirement in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Program. Driver’s license will be monitored for valid and active status.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Good organizational and leadership skills
Experience in project implementation and management
Must be highly organized, have a sense of urgency, and be proactive and results oriented with a strong desire to succeed.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media