RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
$25 to $35 Per Hour
Cath Holding Registered Nurse – Orange Park Medical Center, Orange Park, FL
Full-time | No weekends
The facility is searching for a Cath Holding Registered Nurse to join our patient-centered team in a full-time, day shift position with no call.
This hospital is a 317-bed Healthcare facility located in Northeast Florida. Featuring 170 private rooms, the hospital is known for its high-quality services, including cardiovascular care, a Level II NICU, and the only Level II trauma center in the county.
The Center has earned many awards and accreditations, such as the Get With The Guidelines - Gold Plus Stroke Achievement Award and being recognized as a Top Performer on Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Staff members enjoy working at Orange Park Medical Center because of its friendly culture, supportive management, and fast-paced environment.
As a Registered Nurse in Cath Holding, you are responsible for the delivery of quality patient care to the patient undergoing a procedure in the Cardiac Catherization Lab (Cardiovascular, Peripheral, Electrophysiology and Interventional Neurology). The quality of care given will be in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the Department of Nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will ensure patients are prepped according to department procedures, monitoring patients post procedure per order set.
- You will communicate all pertinent patient information to the physician in a timely manner.
- You will coordinate with other hospital departments, support procedure rooms as needed, assist with scheduling, answering phones, patient experience and any other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- 1-2 years of previous experience preferred
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred
Types of Services: Our team performs emergent and elective cardiac procedures in the three cardiac cath labs at our hospital. We are proud to be recognized for our low door-to-balloon times during heart attack treatment. Once a patient is transported to the cath lab, our cardiologists can open the blocked artery.
The team in the cath labs include board-certified cardiologists, including interventional cardiologists, and a highly trained support staff. We have a cardiothoracic surgeon and interventional cardiologist on-call 24/7, so lifesaving cardiovascular care is always available and delivered by an experienced cardiac team.
Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: They are a great team, willing to train up an ICU, ED or high acuity Med/Surg RN
Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: ICU, ED, procedural
Any specific licensures/ certifications needed: RCIS eligibility required
Will you accept pending license: YES
Length of Process:
- How long till initial Phone screen: Same day
- How long till next interview: Depends on candidate availability
- How long till onsite (if required): As soon as candidate is available
- How is onsite handled: recruiter will schedule
- Are they open or willing to interview via (Skype, FaceTime, Duo, etc): yes
- How long till offer: if all goes well, within 24 hours of interview
- How is the offer made (by facility via email, phone, are we able to make the offer): recruiter will extend
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, benefits, etc.):
- Min: 26.86
- Mid: 33.57
- Max: approx. 38.29
Up to $10,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance available for strong, experienced candidates Fee:
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media