Position is available at our Aurora, CO office. We are seeking a professional to join the Rocky Mountain Engineering Team and provide cost estimation on projects throughout the Colorado region. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for developing and completing estimates on large, complex infrastructure projects in heavy civil construction and design-build infrastructure pursuits. Projects include transportation, light rail, railroads, mining, energy, water/wastewater, commercial and alternative delivery projects.
- Lead and oversee multiple project estimates
- Analysis of plans and specifications
- Computer-aided preparation of quantities, proposal preparation, subcontractor/supplier solicitations, estimate setup and cost preparation
- Prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously and takes pride in accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Stay current on trends and developments to include, methods and procedures developing in the industry and new equipment
- Consult with the Executive team and engineering department on bid preparation, design, scheduling and potential risks or areas of concern
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required
- Minimum of 8 years working as an estimator with experience in earthwork, light rail, railroads, pipeline, CIP concrete structures, bridges, piling, MSE walls, underground utilities, shoring systems, grading, and mechanical pipe
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Possess organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in civil estimating software such as HCSS HeavyBid
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CAD, and 3D earthwork programs
- Willing to travel
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media