Electrical Controls Engineer - Packaging Machine Design
$85000 to $115000 Per Year
Come work for a company that doesn’t just speak about innovation; they engineer it. A place where you will get to work on and design best-in-class equipment and complete system solutions. If you’re a results oriented person, work well on a team, and want to work for a company that will help you reach your potential, then this is the job for you.
In this role, you will perform design and programming for current standard machines/systems, custom products, legacy products, and provide sales support. This position is responsible for hardware and software design for machine and/or control systems for assigned projects. You will work in conjunction with the Control Specialist to issue, maintain, and update project related documentation. Responsibilities include assisting assembly during system build, machine/system check out, field service assistance and installation as required.
Important: Must have machine design experience in packaging or similar industry.
- Electrical Machine Design which includes all power, control systems and electrical diagrams required to meet the customers specifications for each project assigned
- Understand, design and practice machine safety and Lean Management
- Design control systems from concept to completion
- Assemble complete and accurate Bills of Materials (BOMs) for the Machine/System design
- Design and develop Machine/System Programs
- Design and develop Machine/System Operator Interface programs
- Provide field service technicians remote support during system service calls, installation, and commissioning
- Provide on-site troubleshooting and startup support as needed
- Provide solutions for End of Life (EOL) components to support customer needs.
- Assist the Applications Engineering and Product Managers during the scope phase of a potential project
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field, 5+ years experience. A combination of an Associate’s degree and a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Dynamics 365 desired
- A "self-starter".
- Ability to work well with others and project a good image for AMF.
- Knowledge of industrial communications (Ethernet/IP, DeviceNET, Profibus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Compact Logix and Panel View Plus series)
- Ability to understand and design electrical control schematic ladder diagrams
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical and control systems
- 600 VAC and less, 3Ø control systems
- Motors, servos, low voltage DC devices and sensors
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely
- Operator interface programming skills necessary to run machine easily and without confusion
- Be able to understand how a machine mechanically functions.
- Be able to apply electrical components to a control system to make the machine run as designed
- Understand and have the capability to apply electrical codes and regulations such as NFPA 70, NFPA 79 and UL 508a as well as agency approvals to control systems manufactured at AMF
Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, paid time off and other ancillary benefits as well as a robust 401k Profit Sharing plan!Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media