Manager of External Reporting
The Manager of External Financial Reporting: will oversee the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports that are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). This includes ensuring compliance with both US GAAP as well as SEC regulations. This position will also provide technical accounting guidance and training to all necessary employees.
- Coordinate with external parties during the filing process, including timetables and communication with external auditors.
- Assist with preparing f internal documents including presentations for the Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee.
- Responsible for the Company's SEC financial reporting on Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K including footnote disclosures, MD&A, earnings releases, and XBRL compliance.
- Oversee the electronic filing process of the Company's SEC financial reports.
- Supports Investor Relations with preparation of Company releases and related matters and ensures consistent disclosure between releases, scripts, and SEC filings.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls over the financial reporting process and documentation of the disclosure and reporting process and SEC filings.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with accounting standards and technical accounting issues under GAAP or SEC regulations.
- Monitors and researches FASB and SEC activities to identify any potential rule changes that may impact the Company.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of the lease accounting standard (ASC 842).
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company is compliant with all technical accounting standards including revenue recognition, lease accounting, pension plans, stock-based compensation, and earnings per share.
- Ensures the finance team understands all technical accounting standards and accounting policies and provides training as needed.
- Prepare footnote disclosures as part of the Company’s quarterly and annual reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience with SEC financial reporting required.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, consolidations, and exposure to revenue recognition, lease accounting, pension accounting, and business combinations.
- Microsoft Office Suite Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point, SAP, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, WebFilings/ (SEC reporting), Costar(Leases), E-Trade (Equity Compensation).
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Adapts and thrives in a fast-paced ever-changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of team members, external partners, auditors, etc.
- Must have the ability to express ideas persuasively and clearly.
- Must have the ability to reach logical conclusions based on evidence at hand.
- Must have the ability to create, be creative, and develop ideas and projects.
- Must be able to make decisions or to render judgement.
- Must be able to establish an appropriate course of action to accomplish a specific goal.
- Must be able to establish procedures to monitor or regulate processes, tasks or the activities of others.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media