Learns to analyze methods and processes to identify improvements. Work is performed under general supervision with limited latitude. Position exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the development of new or improved manufacturing processes for the areas of blasting/tumbling, laser marking, laser welding, and assembly
- Conducts and documents designated experiments to determine optimum parameters for various processes and methods
- Performs assigned validation tests to provide objective evidence that developed processes achieve design goals
- Assists in the creation of Proof Sheets and First Piece Inspection Sheets to define and control the appearance of laser marking on each product
- Documents approved processes and assists in developing fixtures to support those processes
- Learns to perform basic maintenance on a variety of machines
- Documents instructions on efficient ways of completing manufacturing processes
- May provide staff training on existing, new or improved methods and processes
- May develop better methods related to secondary operations
High school diploma or GED; technical certificate in industrial engineering or related field preferred; supplemented by two or more years’ industrial manufacturing experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication
- General knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR820 as it pertains to the job, on the job training provided
- Skilled in the use of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, CAD/CAM software, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Skilled in working independently and following through with assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to learn the basic operations of a variety of tools and machines
- Ability to perform or learn to perform basic maintenance tasks on all required tools and machines
- Ability to learn geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to learn to use sine plates to make measurements with accuracy
- Ability to learn proper documentation procedures
- Ability to learn to use analytical thinking skills to develop and measure processes
- Ability to use reasoning skills that minimize duplication of efforts, including but not limited to comparing, classifying, analyzing and coordinating
- Ability to multi-task while working with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media