Our client is seeking a Medical Director for their Behavioral Health Service Line. They want to strengthen both the inpatient and outpatient services within the primary and secondary service area. This is an employed opportunity focusing on both inpatient and outpatient service lines.
- The incoming physician will be the Medical Director for the psychiatric team, which consists of 3 Nurse Practitioners within the inpatient program, and 4-5 Nurse Practitioners in the outpatient clinic. This Psychiatrist will oversee and provide education and mentorship on for both programs.
- The incoming physician will be expected to see patients in an inpatient capacity, as well as within the outpatient clinic. This psychiatrist will preferably be able to perform ECT treatments, or be willing to be trained for ECT.
- Preferred hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm While the position is based on a minimum 40/hour work week, there is flexibility within the schedule to adjust days/hours to meet 40/hours, if
- Primary patient base consists of adults and geriatrics, 80% adults and 20% geriatrics on
- The inpatient unit is divided into two wings, consisting of 19-beds within each wing and offering immediate access between
- Currently, the average inpatient census is 15 patients in the inpatient unit ranging from 12 to 17 patients with an average inpatient stay between 3 to 7
- Typical cases seen ADHD, bipolar, sexual abuse, alcohol and drug abuse, depression and
- 4-days of call per month (minimum), current call structure reflects rotating schedule that is shared amongst the team of 7.
- Outpatient clinic is 8,000 sq. ft. with current hours being held Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. There is a 3-to-4-month backlog with 247 patients seeking an initial evaluation, so opportunity to ramp up quickly.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual base salary of $317,000 commensurate with experience
- Medical Director compensation of $50K annually, if performed
- Bonus Plan
- Signing Bonus of $40,000.
- Student Loan repayment of $20,000 per year.
- Relocation of $15,000.
- 2 Retirement Plans
- Full hospital benefits package.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media