Automation Controls Engineer
$95000 to $125000 Per Year
AUTOMATION CONTROLS ENGINEER
95K-125K Salary + Bonus + Paid Relocation
The Automation Engineer uses technology to improve, streamline and further automate the manufacturing process. The candidate is responsible for planning, implementation, and monitoring of such technology in a given production cell; while also maintaining sitewide databases, systems, networks, applications, electrical hardware and software.
- Identification of new opportunities for automation within the current/future manufacturing processes.
- Management of a cell automation team, internal project team and external contractors.
- Designing new automation projects or processes that align to the strategic digital transformation vision.
- Simulating and testing processes or equipment to ensure they function as desired.
- Writing reports for senior colleagues outlining new concepts, testing outcomes, and ongoing efficiency.
- Programming new automation components to the manufacturing process with Function Block, Structured Text and Ladder Logic languages.
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of automation equipment or processes.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technology Field preferred with and 2-4+ years of experience, OR 7-10+ years of experience in an automation role with no a degree
- Programming experience: Understanding of software design techniques, such as modular and phase programming, as well as state machines in Siemens and Rockwell platforms is highly preferable. Exposure to batch programming and OMAC PackML is also preferred.
- Experience with of industrial networking: Ethernet/IP, Profinet and ASI. IT networking protocols and architecture are a plus.
- Knowledge of the Factorytalk ecosystem of advanced industrial applications, including IoT is preferred
- Knowledge in the areas of electrical design, automation system design, current technologies, human machine interface design, and industrial networks.
- New equipment commissioning and high efficiency start up procedure experience is highly preferable as well
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media