Supply Chain Purchasing Manager
Purchasing / Procurement Supply Chain Manager with experience taking a group of buyers and developing them to their highest and best, reflecting on-time purchases, cost savings, and an overall improvement in the department. This person needs to be a strong leader and a proven buyer, preferably from industrial manufacturing environments that have worked with cast or forged products such as engines & related parts for commercial and industrial uses.
A procurement supply chain leader with proven experience bringing process discipline and rigor to a buying team on higher volume low mix engines or related with world class buying processes/capabilities to procure and build product supporting short-medium order lead-times, highly engineered components in a complex supply chain.
The Purchasing Manager leads a team of buyers that manages all aspects of an assigned group of commodities and suppliers for productive type materials for company in support of the development, manufacture and sales of the company’s products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Experience leading a group of buyers and developing them to their highest and best, reflecting on-time purchases, cost savings, and an overall improvement in the department.
- A strong supply chain leader and a proven buyer for industrial manufacturing on higher volume low mix product.
- 7 years of related manufacturing supply chain experience in direct procurement in the manufacturing industry with related raw materials of castings, forged or metal stamping products (metals, electronic, engine frames, compressor sections, aluminum, titanium, chromium, steel, nickel alloys, electrical, pumps, plastics, motors, powertrain, electronics, industrial engines, parts)
- Experience supporting short-medium order lead-times, highly engineered components in a complex supply chain.
- Strong leadership and knowledge of processes/tools that get drive fill rate improvement (material availability) and inventory management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices for production parts or tooling, with approved suppliers, in support of the timely procurement of needed parts. Issues either spot or blanket Purchase Orders to support the on-going or periodic needs of the manufacturing organization. Assure that products are purchased to the most current revision level.
- Select, develop and utilize suppliers who demonstrate the ability to provide quality parts, on time, at the lowest total cost to Company. Adhere to the guidelines of the AS9000 Quality Manual and Procedures in selection, management and development of the supplier base and their particular products.
- Release, modify and monitor orders using the ERP system.
- Analyze and report, as required, on market conditions and trends that may affect the price, availability or quality of purchased products. Maintain current awareness of supplier financial and capacity related conditions.
- Utilize computer based systems to monitor and manage inventories in such a way as to maintain required stock levels, minimize obsolescence and prevent the accumulation of excess product.
- Comply with all company policies relating to the procurement process, quality system procedures, ethics and conduct. Represent the company to external organizations in a professional and fair manner.
- Communicate and interact with other functional personnel to assure parts availability, supplier issue resolution and implementation of engineering design changes. Assist in the development of computer based system enhancements, job simplification, office processes and work-flow.
- Negotiate long-term agreements with selected suppliers, prepare supporting documentation and contract language, as needed, and coordinate with legal, accounting and executive personnel during the approval process, as required.
- Plan and execute, with the approval of the Vice President, annual cost reduction, resourcing and supplier development programs. Communicate and work with the Supplier Quality organization to implement continuous improvement projects, Value Engineering and corrective action programs across the assigned supply base.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media