Mechanical Design Engineer
We are a leader in industrial grade food processing equipment. We are actively searching to hire a Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Administrator position in the Beaver Dam, Wisconsin area. This position offers opportunities for growth and leadership in developing and maintaining CAD and PDM systems.
Looking for CAD Admin responsibility to be 20% of job.
- Evaluates design changes, specifications, and release of project drawings for modification and installation and obtains necessary approvals.
- Conducts engineering design evaluations for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and customer requirements.
- Specifies needs for various components with vendors, evaluates and orders necessary items (pumps, motors, valves, controls, etc.)
- Reviews project scope to ensure mechanical and electrical design complies with customer expectations.
- Establishes our engineering/design standards and specifications for CAD and document management system utilizing industry standards.
- Ensure consistent application of these standards.
- Load and modify existing CAD documents into the document management system as required.
- Develop and maintain standard document management operating procedures as well as drawing standards.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolution of routine design and test issues.
- Participates in design review meetings covering approval drawings and layouts, dimensional attributes, machine specifications, utility requirements, serviceability, sanitation, and other attributes.
- Assists with the development of operations and service manuals for assigned projects.
- Works closely and communicates with other Project Engineers, Sales, Applications, Manufacturing, Installation, and Service to resolve design issues, change orders and approvals.
- May represent the company in matters of coordination and technical assistance related to the detail design drawing aspect of the project.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in latest computerized design applications including 3D modeling (e.g. AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, Inventor). (Creo preferred but can be any 3D modeling)
- Awareness of Document Management software. (Windchill preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing related design work (approval, assembly, and detailed production fabrication drawings)
- Strong analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively check all drawings for errors or deviations from standard practice prior to submittal to customers or manufacturing.
- Experience within Food & Beverage and/or Pharmaceutical industries a plus.
- Certification within CAD industry a plus (i.e., Autodesk, SolidWorks, Creo)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media