Tool & Die Makers - Repair - 1st and 2nd shift
Established company in the attractive Triad region of NC has opportunities for Tool & Die Makers on the 1st and 2nd shift at their manufacturing facility. In this role will plan, construct, maintain and alter die cast dies, trim dies, fixtures, jigs, tools, gauges and special equipment used in the production of die castings. Will work from tool layouts, part drawings, sketches and verbal instruction to produce desired results. Quality problems from examination of castings will be diagnosed and the necessary repairs to tooling will be made. Will set up and operate a variety of machine tools normally used in a Tool & Die shop to perform machining operations that are difficult. Will perform necessary heat-treating and welding. Will work with production departments in developing and improving methods, equipment and layout and tooling. From time-to-time other duties will be assigned. The work is manual versus CNC, but down the road there may be some CNC.
- High School Diploma and prefer a Tool & Die Maker Journeyman certificate
- Experience with tool & die making (manual experience required and CNC a plus)
- must be open to doing repair as is a significant part of the role
- blueprint reading
- experience with measurement instruments
- Geometry and Trig knowledge
- operating EDM ( Electrical Discharge Machining ) machine experience is a plus
- Tig welding experience is a plus
- must be open to 1st or 2nd shift Monday to Friday and at times on Saturday and could also occur on Sunday and be willing to work overtime paid at time and a half
- Must be open to a facility that is hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media