Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, this position is responsible for the overall Engineering and Maintenance responsibility for a non-union food and beverage manufacturing facility. This is a High Speed multi production line FMCG Food & Beverage Manufacturing plant. Maintenance Management experience required in a related manufacturing industry.
Directs, manages, and coordinates the overall Plant Engineering projects and Maintenance functions and initiatives in the plant, including associated utilities. Coordinates the activities of maintenance supervisors and maintenance employee engaged in repair, maintenance, installation of machines, tools, and equipment, in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems in a food processing facility. Responsible for productivity, quality of work, departmental safety, assisting in controlling costs and reducing waste in maintenance, and other assigned departments. Development and execution of programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. This position ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Manages, coordinates and integrates the work actions of all supervisors, technicians and maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electric power, gas, or air required for operations, production, and processing equipment (optimizing uptime and minimizing downtime).
- Recruit, develop, and retain technical expertise to maintain production and utility systems.
- Coaches and assists supervisors in executing short range planning as they supervise daily and weekly activities (both planned and unplanned) of maintenance technicians and contractors, ensuring timely completion and quality of work in a proactive manner. Provides direction and makes tactical decisions while executing mid-range planning beyond weekly activities, as it relates to driving improvement and implementing programs related to maintenance optimization.
- Evaluates supervisors and technicians to determine opportunities for performance improvement and creates development plans.
- Assists with developing and maintain engineering and maintenance standards.
- Provides engineering counsel and leadership in establishing and refining preventive maintenance programs, employee training programs, manpower scheduling techniques, parts room inventory, efficiency improvement programs, regulatory compliance programs, etc.
- Administer the PM/PPM program and Parts Room inventory for all equipment, building and facilities through the CMMS system.
- Develops and refines the PM/PPM program in a systematic and professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance management to ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by all departments.
- Oversees maintenance schedules, work orders, and makes tactical decisions to optimize utilization of resources in alignment with equipment availability and plant priorities.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise, assisting and coaching Maintenance, Operations, and QA on an ongoing basis. Identifies performance gaps and identifies and implements training plans.
- Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), generating reports through Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in alignment with Maintenance Excellence initiatives
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in a relevant field strongly preferred; CPG F&B manufacturing industry experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 to 7 year’s previous maintenance management and/or plant engineering experience required, preferably in a food/beverage CPG high speed production line manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare plans, detailed reports, and maintain records
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
- Multi-craft/multi-skilled with expertise in electrical, electrical controls, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication.
- Working with practical knowledge of plant utility systems, (including boiler systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, waste water treatment)
- Working knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, Servo’s and plant automation systems
- Working knowledge of National, State, Local building codes, OSHA and standard industry safety rules/regulations.
- Previous experience with industrial controls using Allen Bradley control platforms, Motor Controls (Servo and VFD) a definite plus.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a World Class Maintenance Organization
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media