Controls / Automation Engineer
International company has a position at a manufacturing facility in east / central Alabama for a Controls / Automation Engineer to provide engineering support in their manufacturing area. Will be responsible for project management and engineering support for production departments and facilities in the plant. The environment is automated with a mix of high pressure aluminum die casting and CNC machining. Will provide technical guidance to other engineering staff, engineering and maintenance technicians, maintenance supervisors as well as others. Will be responsible for providing analysis of plant manufacturing capacity, automation and process optimization, PLC or CAD programming, troubleshooting, and project management. The typical work week is Monday to Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm with evening and weekend work may being needed as work demands. Travel will be primarily local during the business day, but some out of the area and overnight travel might be expected.
- Bachelor degree with it being in Electrical or Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience as a Controls / Automation Engineer in a plant setting with some of the experience beyond a co-op
- prefer automotive tier 1 experience with high pressure aluminum die casting and machining, but could come out of different industries
- Must have project management skills and strong leadership
- Knowledge in the practice and execution of validation protocols
- Experience with Siemens PLCs (Step 7 / Tia Portal) and understanding of Safety PLC is preferred, but will consider someone with Allen Bradley PLC experience
- Siemens HMI experience (WinCC/TIA)
- Experience with ABB and Fanuc robotics
- Programming experience with C++, C#, VB, SQL Server and more
- With electrical need to be hands on with troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, safety circuit understanding, E-Plan P8, ability to read / draw schematics, AutoCAD
- Experience with Cognex and Keyence vision systems
- Needed is familiarity with drives (such as servo and VFD) motion control, encoders, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Good organizational skills
- Results driven
- Must be thorough
- Needed is good time management
- Skilled with problem solving / analysis
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media