Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
- Positively influence and collaborate with colleagues in order to embed a self-sustaining EHSS culture; sponsor and actively support the evolution of the site’s behavioral risk program.
- Coordinate the EHSS team and wider site efforts to ensure compliance across the full range of EHSS aspects including environmental licenses; relevant health and safety regulations; facility security requirements; process safety; chemical and biological safety (including Industrial Hygiene monitoring); occupational health.
- Ensure the EHSS team has the correct skills set and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression opportunities.
- Implement effective but lean EHSS risk management methodologies for operations and projects at all scales, including but not restricted to new product/ equipment introductions for R&D and commercial.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; ensure financial discipline; drive efficiencies and identify/ implement opportunities for cost reduction.
- Manage, monitor, lead, and participate in investigations and root cause analysis of workplace accidents and incidents, evaluating trends, and focusing on key improvements required to eliminate the same.
- Oversee the site’s emergency and crisis management plans; ensure related plans are optimized and effective; take a key role in the development of the site’s business continuity plans
- Ensure appropriate applications, permits, data reports, records, and documentation are collected, prepared, submitted, and maintained as required by governing agencies.
- Provide leadership for the oversight and delivery of Process Safety Management (PSM) strategy, performance, and compliance
- Develop, deploy, and deliver PSM behavior, safety culture, and critical safety leadership strategies and programs.
- Actively advance environmental sustainability efforts including developing strategy, activities, projects, and KPIs aimed at achieving the company’s stated environmental sustainability goals.
- Identifies key PSM issues impacting sites (technical, regulatory, risk, land use) and emerging regulatory and other risks potentially affecting company sites
- Conducts regular written and oral communication with regulators, agencies, consultants, senior management and legal counsel
- Develop and support internal communication strategies for key stakeholders that build and maintain awareness of PSM values, strategies, and performance.
- Effectively manage assigned PSM program elements including Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Assessment, Employee Participation, Program Auditing, and Management of Change
- BS in Engineering, Safety, or Environmental discipline required. MS Preferred
- 8+ years’ experience leading a safety program in a chemical, pharmaceutical, PSM regulated industry
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to safety and environmental regulations at the Federal, State, and Local levels
- Environmental Regulations: Air, Hazardous & Non-hazardous Waste, Stormwater, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations for Discharge to POTW
- Security Regulations: DHS
- Transport Regulations: DOT
- Safety Regulations: OSHA, PADEP, Industry Best Practice
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media