Regional Sales Engineer-IIOT/Automation
Our client is a fast-growing, global manufacturer of Industrial Automation and IIoT products. They are seeking a high-performing, dynamic salesperson to become their Regional Sales Engineer for the Northeastern US. This is a work from home position. You can live anywhere in the Northeastern part of the US.
In this role you will be responsible for managing sales in the assigned geographic territory and generating new business opportunities that will meet and exceed growth objectives with a primary focus on their direct and channel customers, including System Integrators, Machine Builders, OEMs, device manufacturers, and end-users.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Solving customer challenges by leveraging the multiple IIoT product platforms with a primary focus on their direct and channel sales to machine builders, systems integrators, OEMs, device manufacturers, and end-users; which requires the individual to be competent in industrial automation application engineering, industrial networks, IIoT applications and technical sales
- Being responsible for managing, training, guiding, and maintaining channel partner network. This includes potentially removing or adding a distributor partner in order to successfully execute the territory strategy.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements - speaking with customers to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Achieving sales quotas and assigned strategic account objectives.
- Identifying prospect accounts and making sales calls
- Maintaining a high degree of technical knowledge to present in-depth technical presentations and have technical discussions with customers and partners
- Developing account management plans to grow business within large accounts, including large volume custom product development sales
- Generating technical sales proposals and contracts
- Representing the company at industry events and meetings
- Maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in the CRM and established internal communication systems
This position requires approximately 50% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- Working technical knowledge in industrial automation controls, industrial communication protocols, or industrial Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies
- A minimum of 3 years industry-related outside sales experience with a track record of success
- Excellent communication skills and presentations skills
- Great organizational skills and ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficient in Customer Relationship Management applications (MS-CRM, Salesforce, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media