Field Service Engineer (Packaging)
Manufacturer of packaging equipment to the food & beverage industry is in need of a Field Service Technician based near a major airport in the Mid Atlantic/NC/SC areas to cover the East Coast region, with some international travel. Person hired will have experience in maintaining & troubleshooting electro-mechanical machine issues on packaging equipment. This is a full-time position with a well known manufacturer. Only local Mid-Atlantic/NC/SC area people will be considered (no relocation).
- Medical benefits
- Paid holidays
- Per Diem when traveling
- Car allowance (mileage)
- Base salary $62K - $72K (depending on experience) + overtime + doubletime if you must work on a Sunday + 10% annual bonus (realistic earnings low/mid $90s, possibly higher)
- Hands-on calibration, installation, & servicing of packaging & liquid fill equipment for the food & beverage industry.
- Overnight travel within the assigned region (travel could be heavy at times).
- Installs wiring, conduit, and connects power to equipment.
- Coordinate service & repair of products
- CRM (customer relationship management)
- Must have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Associates Degree or equivalent Certificate/Diploma from a 2 year technical school in Electro-Mechanical Technology or related discipline.
- Will consider 5 years of current experience maintaining packaging equipment in lieu of an Associates Degree..
- Have previous experience installing & troubleshooting packaging and/or liquid filling equipment.
- Familiar with electrical codes, schematics (US & European), and blueprints.
- Up to 70% travel could be required.
- Valid Passport as some international travel will be required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a big plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media