Automation Controls Engineer
This is an opportunity to join a green-technology start-up company that is on the cusp of meteoric growth (100x). They have been around for almost 20 years, have a process that has proven to be economically viable, have customers lined up for their product, and who are just about to start a project to build a full-scale manufacturing facility in the United States. This role will be supporting the implementation of process control solutions into their commercial demonstration facility and eventually helping to scale those solutions up in the new plant build project.
- B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or related). Will consider an Associates degree or relevant trade-school program as well.
- 3+ years of experience in industrial processes (heavy manufacturing, biotechnology, etc)
- Experience with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, AutomationDirect, or Omron. Proven experience with any of the following HMI, or SCADA software packages: AutomationDirect’s C-More, Ignition SCADA by Inductive Automation, Wonderware, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, Vijeo Citect, Ci-Tech, etc.
- Experience with motor controls ideal: electrical or drive-type, VFD, VSD
- Should have the ability to understand chemical dosing and effectively automate the controls system to achieve a steady, consistent dosage.
*This is a start-up company and as such, this opportunity comes with acknowledged risks. Additionally, this company cannot offer some of the perks/benefits that you will get with a well-established company. If those things are a major factor in your consideration of this role, this particular role may not be for you. I say this upfront as a way of setting expectations – do not pursue this role if you are expecting a sizeable 401K match, a pension, 4+ weeks’ vacation, etc. This company can offer equity shares as part of their compensation package and those have the potential to be lucrative down the road, but are worth nothing now. If none of this scares you away, I’d love to talk more.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media